Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pretoria

I arrived in Pretoria a week ago today and have since been getting settled in and getting to know everyone. The training team consists of 74 people from 16 different countries so it's many names to remember. We had orientation for a few days and now we have begun our teachings. I must say that the Lord is blessing me through this time already. I know very few people who have the opportunity to spend this much time studying the Word. God has already begun refreshing my spirit as we have talked about His vastness and majesty. We will be studying biblical foundations through Wednesday and then we begin focusing on the Father heart of God and how that affects us. These teachings will continue for 5 weeks when we will then begin our missions training and outreaches. As of now, we have 3 outreaches scheduled for the training time. There will be a Muslim faith outreach, a 5 week world up outreach and a rural outreach. The rural outreach will either be in Swaziland, Botswana, or the bush area of South Africa. We will also be learning about working with kids and AIDS and many other ministries. As we do that we will be visiting the local ministries in Pretoria.

This is a bit of an overview of my next 6 months. It's going to consist mostly of training but I'm really looking forward to the time I've been given to just soak in the teachings and the presence of God before diving into the next season of missions He has called me to in Pretoria. I hope this helps you better understand what I am doing and will be doing. I won't know what my set ministry will be after the 6 months until closer to the end of training but I'm still praying about the local AIDS Hope ministry and being involved there.

You can be praying for team unity as we begin to learn how to work together with such a large team. It's important that we are unified before heading to outreaches. You can also pray for openness for me to hear God's voice and allow Him to continue shaping me to be more like Him. Anything I can be praying for please let me know.

If you would like to contact me my e-mail address is megan.kroeger@tt.rsa.om.org and my mailing address is:

Megan Kroeger
OM South Africa TT
Private Bag X03
Lynnwood Ridge 0040
South Africa

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment