Friday, September 17, 2010

Little Adventures

These past 24 hours of been quite eventful. I started having strong abdominal pain just after 5pm but assumed it would go away soon. I drank a fruit smoothie and took some medicine to balance the acidity in my stomach. A few hours later I ate dinner and decided it would be best to lay down. I tried many things to make myself more comfortable but it wasn't proving to be an easy task. I distracted myself with reading and talking to people but the longer I waited, the more pain I had. I fell asleep for about 20 minutes and awoke myself crying in pain. It was then I realized this wasn't just a normal stomach ache. Within the hour, I was laying in a hospital bed in the ER with a drip in my arm. I went through some blood tests, urine tests, and a sonar test this morning. After all of these things, they finally said they believe the extreme pain is being caused by stomach ulcers which have probably developed due to stress and the amount of medicine I had to take for my shoulder injury. I am now on 4 new medicines and will be taking them for the next 4 weeks.

Usually, this would stress me out even more but I'm starting to see these things for what they are. I know that this is spiritual warfare. Satan has tried getting me down emotionally a lot over the past few weeks and since he failed, he is now going after my physical health. This is frustrating but I also know that the only reason Satan is attacking is because he knows the work being done here is advancing the Kingdom of God and it makes him cringe. Little does he know that stomach ulcers will not hold me down. I may be sick physically but that does not mean that God won't be able to use me. I'm getting the rest I need during this weekend to make sure I am ready for the children on Monday.

I love looking at God's timing for all of these things. Even though he does allow Satan to attack, He is still sovereign and has control over it all. I was told that I need to take these medicines but I also need to reduce stress in my life and take time out to rest. This is something that is very difficult to do but God knows me well enough to know I will struggle with that. He has already provided a holiday in a week that will allow me that time to rest and de-stress that I need. Praise God that He knows me so well!

This is just another little adventure of the journey that God is taking me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment